Wednesday, March 31, 2010

RIP Josie



My cat Josie died tonight in my arms. She was old and smelly, but I loved her a great deal. I noticed she had been acting weird the last few days, all of a sudden she just went downhill really, really fast. I think she was about 16. I loved the way whenever I lay down on the couch with a blanket on, she would jump up and cuddle with me. I usually ended up falling asleep with her lying on me, so we ended up calling her "Nap Cat". When she was younger I used to roll up little balls of tin foil and she would chase after them when I threw them. And whenever we had fish or chicken for dinner, or open up a can of tuna, she would sit and meow until she got some. She loved tuna juice. She was quite a character, my old Josers. Even though I realized her days were numbered, I didn't think she would fail so fast. I'm going to miss my smelly old Josers.

No comments:

Post a Comment